Orchid Sands is the perfect Fraser Island holiday rental accommodation and here’s why:
- Fully furnished self-contained house.
- Ultra modern and spacious master-built home in 3 levels.
- Four bedrooms, two lounge rooms, two bathrooms and three toilets.
- Accommodates 10 people in family groups or 7 singles.
- Additional accommodation in a separate shed for 6 at an extra $700/week (subject to availability).
- Only 500m walk to Orchid Beach.
- Surrounded by national park.
- Access to secluded areas eg Ocean Lake, Platypus Bay and Sandy Cape.
- Beach fishing at Waddy Point or near Sandy Cape.
- Swimming for the family at Champagne (Rock) Pools.
Here are the finer details which Orchid Sands offers to ensure your rental holiday accommodation is comfortable and relaxing:
- An automatic generator and inverter supply 24 hour lighting.
- Magnificent Fraser Island bore water on tap.
- Fully screened with top quality vertical and venetian blinds in all bedrooms.
- The house is double insulated for noise and climate control.
- Ceiling fans.
- Well-equipped kitchen.
- Indoor entertainment includes satellite TV, DVD player (several movies).
- Laundry facilities include washing machine and rotary hoist for your linen (BYO) and other laundry.
- Covered outdoor barbeque area.
- Sink and bench area for cleaning fish.
- House is on a large, fully fenced, level, grassy block suitable for boats.
- Covered parking for two vehicles.
- Walking distance to the general store, SES and Rural Fire Brigade shed and airstrip.
Note – only Telstra mobiles work on the island. If you are not with Telstra we suggest you purchase $30 worth of Telstra pre-paid calls.
Let’s take a tour of Orchid Sands
Ground Level: Covered Car Park, Laundry, Bathroom, Freezer
Come in from the covered car parking to a tiled foyer and internal staircase to upper levels. There is no need to to head upstairs for the loo as there is one on the ground level. The spacious laundry has a washing machine and double bowl sink.
If this is a fishing trip or a large group, there’s plenty of freezer space (choose between a 200L or a 500L freezer) and storage shelves.
Middle Floor: 2nd, 3rd and 4th Bedrooms
There are three bedrooms all with beautiful bush outlook.
Bedroom 2 is the largest bedroom and has a built-in wardrobe, queen-sized bed and single bed.
Bedroom 3 has two single beds and a chest of drawers.
Bedroom 4 has a built-in wardrobe, queen-sized bed and single bed.
There is a small lounge room with leather lounges and coffee table.
The main bathroom has a large shower recess and double bowl vanity unit. There is also a separate toilet with vanity unit next to the main bathroom.
This level also features four separate covered verandahs.
Top Floor: Master Bedroom, Kitchen, Lounge, Dining
You’re up in the tree tops!
The master bedroom has a queen-sized bed, walk-in robe and ensuite.
An open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area are on this level.
The functional kitchen features a large 520 litre fridge/freezer, dishwasher, gas oven/cook top, plenty of bench space and quality crockery, utensils and cookware.
The lounge/dining area features three swivel bar stools, an eight seat dining table, two three-seater and one two-seater leather lounge suite and a large coffee table.
Entertainment includes satellite TV, a DVD player with several movies and a small selection of CDs.
The back covered verandah on this level runs across the total width of the house and has a beautiful bush outlook. There is one six seat and one four seat timber table and comfortable plastic chairs on the verandah.
The Yard and Barbeque Area:
The yard is fully fenced and turfed with an alfresco bbq area.
There is a fish filleting area with bench, sink and light.
A rotary clothes hoist for your laundry.
An automatic sprinkler system.