Orchid Sands holiday accommodation is located at 5 Eliza Ave, Orchid Beach, Fraser Island, Queensland.
Access is by 4WD only and is only possible at low tide.
How to get to Fraser Island:
- Coming from the South we recommend you drive to Rainbow Beach and then a little further on to Inskip Point, where barge services carry vehicles and passengers across to Hook Point on the southern end of Fraser Island. Click here for barge services or phone the Manta Ray barge on 5486 3935 & 0418 872 599. UHF Channel 4.
- Barge access is also available from River Heads or Urangan Boat Harbour at Hervey Bay.
- Vehicle permits are required if you drive yourself onto the island. It is recommended you pre-purchase these online, by visiting the Manta Ray Barge office or Qld Parks and Wildlife Service office, both offices are located on the main road as you come into the township of Rainbow Beach.
How to get to Orchid Sands Fraser Island rental accommodation:
- The trip to Orchid Beach is approx 100 km from the barge landing.
- Best time to travel is between 3 hours before or after low tide.
- At high tide you can use the inland road to pass around behind Hook Point.
- Travel along the beach north to Indian Head, then on to Middle Rock, where you leave the beach and follow a sand track for 7-8kms.
- Turn left, then right into Eliza Ave following the boarded slat road. Orchid Sands is the third house on your right.
How can visitors get to Fraser Island?
- 4WD vehicle (need vehicle permit from Qld Parks and Wildlife Service)
- Passenger launch
- 4WD taxi
- Commercial tour
- Private boat
- Light aircraft landing at Orchid Beach
- Vehicle barge from Rainbow Beach – Manta Ray Barge (no booking necessary)
- Vehicle barge from Hervey Bay – Fraser Island Barges